The third edition of W.O.I. – Watches Of Italy, the first national show dedicated to Italian watchmaking, will be held on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October 2022, from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, in Tortona, at the Museo delle Macchine Agricole “Orsi”, Via Emilia 446.
Visitors will be able to examine new watches by Italy’s consolidated brands, in addition to some new arrivals in the sector.
Some of the highlights include (in purely alphabetical order):
- Aenigma, the new microbrand from the Aosta valley, the first brand in the world that associates a blockchain NFT to each watch;
- the new brand CN Milano;
- the new diver’s watch by Echo/Neutra;
- the premiere presentation of Ekwatch‘s second project, the 1504 Automatic and the 1504 Automatic GMT;
- the new brand Fathers and its first collection Horizon;
- the new watch Necton by Fonderia Lab;
- the new ArgoMatic collection by Gravithin;
- a re-edition of the first watch by Gruppo Ardito Watches, GAW NumeroZero;
- the first watch by Inceptum, a limited edition of 50 units with hand-wound in-house movement;
- the new model Reisen by Kienzle, celebrating the brand’s 200th anniversary;
- new chronographs by Landeron Swiss Movement;
- the new model Nettuno by Lazzarini;
- Marco Bracca and his new brand with his first watch;
- new Stingray diver’s watches by Memphis Belle;
- the presentation of the new brand Millemetri by Florentine start-up Firenze Timepieces;
- presentation of the Bolide series of automotive-inspired watches by Mondia;
- official presentation of the brand Nazareno Rossetti and its first collection Fomalhaut;
- the new Swiss GMT watches by Out Of Order Watches;
- a timepiece by Perseo Watches dedicated to Italian WW1 pilot Guido Keller;
- presentation of the first Sardinian microbrand Ichnos Watches by Pierpaolo Cassoni;
- a one-off piece by Sante Castignani based on a monastery clock painted by Botticelli in the work “St. Augustine in his studio”;
- the new Drass Periscope diver by Squale;
- new watches by Tambooro, Bullet Dirty Bronze Red Zirconia and Green Zirconia Limited Edition;
- the first watch by Tulipe, named Caban;
- the premiere presentation of an automatic chronograph with column wheel and vertical clutch by Venezianico.
On Sunday 16 October, there will be a round table titled “Watchmaking past, present and future”, offering an analysis of the market and examining new directions. Speakers will include Pierpaolo Cassoni (Undersea-Time), Marco Beltrandi (Tempo e Misura), Marco Bracca (Wrist Addiction), Cesare Palmisano (Amico Orologiaio), Mattia Papili (Watch Maniac) and Stefano Carazzali (La Clessidra), chaired by Fabrizio Dellachà, organiser of Watches Of Italy. The discussion will also include the presence of Prof. Ugo Pancani, trainer at the Academy F.H.H Genève and Member of the G.P.H.G Academy.
These are just a few of the highlights of Watches Of Italy, a show focusing on Italian watchmaking, giving visitors the chance to see and handle the watches, in addition to buying or booking the pieces if they wish. The format includes accessories such as boxes, straps and bracelets, design and prototyping services and more.
Watches Of Italy, visitor information
The location is the same as for the previous editions, “Museo delle Macchine Agricole Orsi”, Via Emilia 446, Tortona (province of Alessandria), open from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, 15 and 16 October 2022, admission free. Access is easy, the location is a 10-minute walk from the Tortona railway station. For visitors arriving by car, there is free parking on Via Professor Pio Evasio Cereti which leads into a square entirely dedicated to parking.
On-site catering facilities comprise the local speciality, agnolotti made by Ristorante Montecarlo, the official catering supplier for the Lamborghini Trophy, and beer by Birrificio Montegioco, one of the finest crafts breweries in Italy. Terre Derthona, an association that represents the finest local food and wine specialities, will also be present with its prestigious labels and culinary delicacies. More info at the Terre Derthona website.
For further information, see the official website www.watchesofitaly
Free visitor registration on Eventbrite